Off late I seem to be giving a lot of home remedies to a lot of friends..
Over sms, calls, chats and Facebook at large.. so I thought why not jot them down in a post 😛
This would be 1 stone- 2 mangoes 😛 one my post count increases and it’s a breather from my usual poems that some peeps are bored of and 2>> everyone reading it might benefit from it..
Pimple Outburst –
No one likes to wake up in the morning to see that RED spot on ur face which not only makes ur face seem like moon-ic craters but also takes a toll on ur mental health. Most women would dread such days. Pimples are not only bad-looking but they also are sometimes painful.
The age old grandma remedy of early-morning-without-brushing saliva may be termed as “gross” by many and peeps would rather prefer tolerating the pimple than use their saliva… So here are some handy tips…
- Mix Sandalwood powder with a little rose water and apply on the affected areas. This would reduce the redness/soreness/outburst and regular application also diminishes the pimple and its scars.
- Choona (crude lime for non-hindi-ites and Calcium Carbonate for the geeks 😛 ) is effective on pimple outbursts too. It may burn a bit but it dries out the pimple pretty soon.
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible. Your hands are the most unhygienic and germilicious part of your body. So by wiping/touching your face you are only passing the germs from hands to face.
- Aloe Vera gel again is a very handy and easily available and effective for all skin related ailments. Alternatively if Aloe Vera is not available one can always get some Neem leaves- paste them and apply. The most effective medicinal plant/tree ever discovered 🙂
One of the most common ailment and people who are allergic to pollens suffer almost all year round 🙂
So people who are tired or choose not to get drunk with the Alcoholic nature of cough syrups can try these following simple home rememdies
- Easiest and first thing is steam and gargling.. Steam would clear the nasal pipe and gargling would help the throat. Steam should preferably be with plain water vicks or any other such balms are a strict no no.. incase u do want to add something to the water u can try a few drops of Eucalyptus oil. Gargle should be preferably 2-3 times a day with salt and/or turmeric.
- Drink hot (read as hot as u can intake) milk with turmeric and a pinch of pepper powder.
- Mom always says – feed the cold, starve the fever. And I do believe in it.. During cold your immunity is very less so u shud regularly have hot drinks(read tea, coffee, soups) and hot food. Preferably something less spicy and oily. Include Ginger tea as one of those drinks and you are sure to hit the relief button soon 😀
- For cough, melt jaggery in a pot add some ginger juice/ dry ginger (saunt) and bring it a boil and reduce then take that as syrup. It is sure to provide you relief.
- Alternatively you can heat lemon juice, honey and a little pepper powder. Mix them heat the mixture till warm and consumable and gulp it. That would provide some relief to your throat too.
A friend of mine was cribbing on FB saying he was hardly getting sleep. 3-4 hrs in a day is spent travelling for him and even if he sleeps at 11-12 he seems to be up by 1.30-2 and isn’t able to complete his sleep..
I think it’s a case of stressed life.. His mind is hyperactive and on the move all day and hence the lack of sleep at night. For a sound baby-like sleep the following are my suggestions
- Take bath in hot/warm water before retiring to bed, the warmth of the water would de-stress all muscles and joints and soothe the body. Thereby making it ready for a nap 🙂
- Drink a glass of nice warm milk this should help you sleep well.
- Don’t do any mind-involving work before sleeping, just relax or meditate if you can.
- For those who hate reading pick up a book 😛 preferably studies related. You’re sure to be dozing within 10—15 mins 😀
I hope these tips helped 🙂
In case you are troubled with anything please do let me know 🙂
I definitely don’t mind coming up with another post with all the remedies that I can help you with….
That’s it from Megzone for now..
Keep Smiling..!! Keep Rocking..!! Keep Blogging..!!